Electronic Gadget got shut down for several reasons, partly due to lousy stats
How're WE doin'?
As of Sept 30, 2010:
* 585 questions * 1,187 answers * 79% answered * 557 users * 997 views/day
As of October 9:
- Our number of questions is excellent
- Our question:answer ratio needs some improvement
- Our user-count needs improvement, but Gadgets represented two months (plus?) of public beta; we're at only three weeks, and users keep getting added. So no worries.
- Our views/day is dropping? Does anybody have actual stats tracking, instead of these two, random snapshots?
- Android-related questions/answers imported from failed Gadgets beta
- Are these QUALITY questions?
- Are these QUALITY answers?
- At least we ain't Programmers.SE !!! (they've got great stats. Quantity over quality, I guess)
What can we do better?
What do we need to do to help avoid the fate of Electronic Gadgets, and wake up one morning to find all of our content was ported over to Programmers in the middle of the night?
- Meta participation -- this question excluded
- Policing of questions/answers - editing, retagging, flagging - this IS happening, and election of moderators will only help moreso
- Site promotion? Click those "share this" buttons, folks! Plus, the twitter-feed that one enterprising individual set up
- Steal underpants