I'd like to ask a question on Android Enthusiasts. Can you give me some advice about how the question should be asked?
Use meaningful, specific subject titles
Bad Example: URGENT HELP NEEDED - Galaxy S Problem!
Good Example: Samsung Galaxy S keeps restarting itself randomly. How can I stop this?
- Include the important information in the title
- One should be able to read the whole context of the question just by reading the title1
Be precise and informative about your problem
- Describe symptoms carefully
- Add information about the hardware and software you're using
- Be explicit about your question
Try to write in clear, grammatical, correctly-spelled language
Every non-native speaker is welcomed to ask questions (and provide answers) on Android Enthusiasts, but we expect a minimum of readability. Errors are human, nevertheless please try your best to write in grammatical, correctly-spelled English.
Mention any troubleshooting steps already taken
What have you already tried to solve the issue? Providing those can help avoid answers/comments with suggestions that you have already tried unsuccessfully.
Do not use CAPS
Don't try to emphasize a word by writing it in Caps (e.g. "IMPORTANT"), use bold tags ("important") or italics ("important") instead.
Avoid the XY problem at all costs
Don't ask about your attempted solution, instead ask about your actual problem. That is: if you are trying to solve problem
X, make sure to ask about
X and not about potential solution
Only ask one question in your post
The daily question limit is high, so please use separate questions for separate issues. Asking about more than one question in your post will only cause confusion.
Provide screenshots if possible
A picture is worth a thousand words, but try to keep pictures in a reasonable size; huge pictures make it hard to catch the whole idea.
Use paragraphs when appropriate
It's hard to read a wall of text (example). Make use of Enter once in a while.
- How to ask - Tips for getting help
- Style guidelines for questions and answers
- Stack Overflow question checklist
- How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
- What are “tags”, and how can I use them most effectively?
1 Although not strictly required, it's often a good idea to phrase the title as complete sentence.