After having created the including tag excerpt and wiki, now used by 10 questions, during re-tagging I discovered the on the last question, which is used by 9 questions currently.

Both tags are not really equivalent (insufficient-memory directly refers to the "insufficient memory..." error, thus dealing exclusively with the devices' internal storage -- while storage-full is much broader (at least from its name, though ~80% of the questions tagged such seem to explicitly refer to "insufficient memory", and the remaining 20% at least implicitly).

My idea was to merge the two, and convert storage-full into a synonym for now. So if we really feel we need a separate tag by that name at a later point, it would be easy to retain. At the moment I do not see much sense in a separate broad "storage-full" tag (my, if the card is full one needs to delete something, right? Or buy a larger card).

Please keep insufficient-memory as the main tag / merge target, as it already includes a tag wiki with "first aid" as well as a wiki excerpt :)

| |
  • Can't find any questions tagged insufficient-storage did you mean insufficient-memory ? Other than that sounds good, agree that storage-full should be the synonym – GAThrawn Feb 18 '13 at 14:02
  • Sorry: insufficient-memory... I'll update my Q... Done. – Izzy Feb 18 '13 at 14:45
  • I'd prefer to avoid the term "memory" when not referring to RAM, since it seems to cause confusion. – Matthew Read Feb 18 '13 at 21:07
  • @MatthewRead Go tell Google (or the Android team). The full error message is: Internal memory space is low or insufficient memory available (app-install via playstore). I fully agree the term "memory" does not apply in this context (as really, internal storage is meant). But if the error message speaks of "insufficient memory", what do you think a user will look for in tags? – Izzy Feb 18 '13 at 21:57

Makes sense to me. These are merged now.

| |

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .