Taken from the blog entry:
- The accept rate is the percentage of answers accepted based on the questions asked by the user.
- The accept rate is calculated on questions that are older than 3 days.
- The accept rate is heavily cached and can take 24hrs or more to update.
- The accept rate is only calculated when the user has 4 or more questions.
Which questions do not affect the accept rate?
The following questions are not included in the accept rate calculation:
- Community Wiki Questions
- Closed Questions
- Questions with no answers
What does the accept rate mean?
- If the stat doesn’t appear at all, it’s a new user, or someone who rarely asks questions.
- If you see a low percentage, it’s a user who asks a lot of questions but accepts almost no answers.
- If you see a high percentage, it’s an engaged user, someone who frequently goes back and interacts with their questions after asking.
- If you see a middle of the road percentage, it’s an experienced user who understands what accepted answers are for.