We have several posts on the site, listed below, which belong to Kyle Cronin but aren't associated with his account (the username is greyed out), presumably due to migration from the Electronic Gadgets site. Could a dev type person correct this? Or provide mods the tools to do so? :P


This takes dev intervention to accomplish. Incantations. Goat blood. Dark magik - that's right, magic with a k for ekstra dark.

So Jarrod took care of business. I imagine this will stay a dev tool unless team@ gets a crapload of emails about it. Something I would never encourage just for the heck of it.

  • Great, thanks for the info. – Matthew Read Oct 18 '11 at 1:33
  • magik with ekstra k, KDE? – Lie Ryan Oct 20 '11 at 12:53

Sorry for all the flags, but I was told it was the correct procedure. And there are also some comments as well that I was unable to flag. In general, it's pretty safe to assume if you have content that is attributed to "Kyle Cronin" but without an account associated, it's stuff that I contributed to Gadgets and would like associated with my account here. Thanks.

  • I think the SE people were more actively monitoring the site right after the Gadgets migration, so flagging worked then. It would be nice if the regular mods had the power to merge "dead" users with real users, or something. – Matthew Read Oct 17 '11 at 17:11
  • @MatthewRead You're right, after a few months they probably thought I forgot or didn't care, or that there were no further issues. And as a moderator on another site, I completely agree that we should have the ability to deal with situations like this ourselves without needing to involve the dev team. – Kyle Cronin Oct 17 '11 at 17:15
  • @MatthewRead: for the time being, you can either post here like you did, or just contact the community team via the usual channels and we'll route it. If there's a significant volume of these requests, we can look at other options. These should be fairly rare though. – Shog9 Oct 18 '11 at 0:14

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .