If not, I propose they be made synonymous.
Coming late to this one, as I was just thinking about the same (and found this by a "search-before-ask"): there are actually 3 tags here going very close together.
- launcher seems to be the "parent", having two children
- home-screen is part of a launcher (no need to explain which one, as the name is self explaining)
- app-drawer is the second child of our launcher, which you usually get to pressing the "middle button" in the tray.
Though at a first glance it looks like they all could be merged-and-synonymed, we should not do so – as all 3 of them have their dedicated purpose:
- use app-drawer when your question is explicitely and dedicatedly relating to the drawer only, but not to the home-screen component
- same way, just opposite, use the home-screen tag when not relating to the app-drawer
- use launcher when either referring to both, or not being sure which part you're referring to
However, these tags should be used in XOR manner: I see no need for any combination (except for making them easier to find, maybe ;)
Not sure there. It seems to me that you can talk about one without talking about the other. Can you offer some sample questions where one could be used instead of the other?
I expect that there are probably a bunch of questions that are mis-tagged as one instead of the other, but that doesn't necessarily make them synonyms.
I don't feel strongly either way, though, so I can be convinced.