This question is pretty terrible, IMO:
I want to know is there any boot loader modifying tool for android so that I can use my cell as dual boot. Like Symbian- Android, Android - Windows Mobile, Android - Java, Android - Bada.
Is it possible.
- I'm not sure we have the relevant expertise. Getting WP7 (for example) to run on an Android device would require just as much WP7 knowledge as Android knowledge, I would think.
- Lie's answer does answer the question, but is it useful? A specific answer for a specific device would be useful, but most of the time the answer will be "No, no one's figured out how to do this on that phone. As far as I know."
The problem is that I don't really know how to close it, because:
- It's a real question. There are valid reasons for wanting to do this.
- It's at least partly on-topic. We deal with Android as hardware, not just the Android OS. We've had some relatively decent questions about Ubuntu Linux on Android devices.
- It's constructive. Well, the current version of the question isn't, but as noted it could be rewritten.
Given this I've thought up two solutions:
- We create a CW question to cover this, the converse of Can I install Android on my non-Android device? — "Can I install a different OS on my Android device?" Dual booting specifically could be covered in this or possibly another CW question.
- We decide that questions about other operating systems are off-topic. (Obviously this would not include questions about interacting with a device using a PC.)
Does anyone have thoughts on these ideas or any other ideas?