I have a tendency to explode at low level abuse such as:
- downvoting when regular expression solutions are provided to extract information from HTML and XML
- American date formats - the most ridiculous format in the world MM-DD-YYYY going from medium units to small units to large units - seriously if you're too patriotic not to be disgusted by this insanity then you're thick as bricks and I have no time for you
Unfortunately this gets me the odd suspension - in spite of the fact I like to genuinely help people who can use it. As a result you'll probably rarely see me contribute on the site anymore as I feel the moderators encourage abusive downvoting and penalise those of us who, frankly, have had enough.
I was close to rage-quitting but:
- It takes a long time to delete 136 quest.. oh I could just write a PhantomJS script to take care of that.., but more importantly
- I've asked good questions, or given good answers in the past - and it would be a shame for such useful contributions to be lost from the Internet
So in spite of my distaste for some of the behaviours that take place on this site - I'll let things stay... for now. Having some moderator suspend you because he takes offence at a post you self-moderated (deleted) is, truthfully, abusive - and some of the moderators require suspensions.
London, United Kingdom
Member for 10 years
6 profile views
Last seen Nov 30 '10 at 11:33
- Stack Overflow 10.2k 10.2k 77 gold badges4343 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Server Fault 2.8k 2.8k 55 gold badges2323 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Super User 2.1k 2.1k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Android Enthusiasts 1k 1k 33 gold badges1111 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 229 229 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 115 Can Windows tell me what is using my USB drive?
- 65 I can use more memory than how much I've allocated with malloc(), why?
- 53 What is the reasoning behind the Makefile whitespace syntax?
- 51 phantomjs page.evaluate not logging onto console
- 50 A better unix find with parallel processing?
- 46 Emacs, removing all lines that don't match?
- 29 Modify a given number to find the required sum?
- View more network posts →