First programmed in BASIC+ in 1975 on a DEC PDP-11 RSTS via 110 bps acoustic modem; since then, FORTRAN IV, Pascal, and PL/I on System 360, HP15C (implemented LIFE in 512 bytes RAM), (briefly) BASIC on a Tandy Pocket Computer, BASIC and (very little) assembler on Tandy Color Computer (64k to 512k), Basic, QBASIC/Quick BASIC, Modula-2 and C and (very little) assembler on DOS 8088/80286/80386/486SX. Now working on re-learning C after 20+ years, while simultaneously learning Python -- so far, so good.
- Worldbuilding 31.3k 31.3k 22 gold badges5151 silver badges122122 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 17.3k 17.3k 22 gold badges4242 silver badges9494 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 15.2k 15.2k 11 gold badge3636 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Aviation 12.2k 12.2k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Lifehacks 9k 9k 1111 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 100 Why don't jetliners maneuver to avoid a bird strike if spotted in time?
- 92 How many generations would it take until the noble and peasant classes become different species and cannot interbreed?
- 77 What do I do when problem player does not attend Session 0?
- 70 Why is Robin Hood French in Shrek?
- 70 What is this quad-jet plane at El Paso Airport?
- 69 If it wasn't maintained for hundreds of years, would the Channel Tunnel collapse?
- 67 Teleportation is invented but it has nasty side-effects % of the time, how will that affect usage of the technology?
- View more network posts →