Daddy, Linux Guy, Bicyclist, Tinkerer, Fixer & Breaker of things.
I work as a Senior SYstem Engineer at the National Energy Research Scientific Computing Center (NERSC) Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) in Berkeley, CA.
Father of 3 cute children. Yes I'm a sysadmin and a parent.
Heavy user of CentOS, RHEL & FreeBSD for production services at work. I also run Ubuntu at home, for the simplicity. I'm a fan of Apache HTTP Server, Nagios & Cacti.
Original proposer of unix.stackexchange.com (Yes, this proposal predated askubuntu.com, and I wish they would have merged with the Unix proposal.).
Top network posts
- 914 How can I write a heredoc to a file in Bash script?
- 255 Colorizing your terminal and shell environment?
- 141 linux: How can I view all UUIDs for all available disks on my system?
- 135 SSH use only my password, Ignore my ssh key, don't prompt me for a passphrase
- 114 How can I populate a file with random data?
- 112 How can I see Time-To-Live (TTL) for a DNS record?
- 92 Gmail & Google Docs: Paste just the text, not the formatting (Firefox, Safari)
- View more network posts →