Automate the world!
I've been in the IT field going on 20 years now. Ever since learning how to work with DOS Batch files, the idea of automating tasks in every aspect possible became a passion for me. Taking mundane, tedious, error-prone tasks and automating them down to just a single-step procedure is a rush...Why pay 3 people overtime to manually shutdown 300 computers on a floor when you could just write a simple script file that takes 1 person all of 3 seconds to double-click on and do the same job?
This mindset has been with me throughout my IT career from its' beginnings as Desktop Support all the way through to working with thousands of computers in compute farms, to now where I work as a Perl Developer full-time doing automation!
Top network posts
- 62 How to change Screen buffer size in Windows Command Prompt from batch script
- 55 How do I undo "always show pictures from this sender" on Android gmail?
- 10 Must I install Google Apps again after installing a new ROM?
- 8 OUYA Custom ROM support
- 6 What are the folders 'burstlyImageCache' and 'burstlyVideoCache' and can I delete them?
- 5 Unable to capture/redirect warning from Exchange cmdlet
- View more network posts →