I'm a software developer and big fan of Android. I've been increasingly interested in modding and fixing Android devices the longer I've owned them.
The phones I've had since the beginning of the Smartphone era are...
- AT&T 8GB(?) Apple iPhone 3GS
- AT&T 16GB Motorola Atrix 4G
- Verizon 32GB Galaxy Nexus
- Play Store 8GB Nexus 4 (on T-Mobile)
- Play Store 32GB Nexus 5 (on T-Mobile)
- Google Store 64GB Nexus 6 (on T-Mobile)
- Google Store 32GB Nexus 6P (Pattern forming here)
You can see my gradual exodus from closed platforms and carriers. I often recommend unlocked, contract-free phones over other options because of the experiences I had on AT&T with the iPhone, with my Atrix (complete with encrypted bootloader), and with Verizon's 'enhancements' to the GNex.
I'm very happy with my unlocked, no-strings-attached Nexus 6P - and I firmly believe most everyone else would be as well.
I've also had a few Android tablets. However, they've all been sold or given to my family.
- ASUS Transformer TF-101
- Amazon Kindle Fire 2011
- Amazon Kindle Fire HD
- ASUS/Google Nexus 7 2012
- Android Enthusiasts 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Software Recommendations 2k 2k 1515 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Super User 709 709 22 gold badges99 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Parenting 321 321 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 304 304 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 74 Free, lightweight, all-in-one, audio and video format converter
- 65 How to distinguish Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 7 (2013)
- 26 Is there a Windows 10 Hotkey or Shortcut for switching to a specific display?
- 22 When (if ever) is it appropriate to spy on your teenager's texts?
- 18 How to re-lock Android bootloader?
- 16 Cross platform JS/PHP editor software with FTP support and code hinting
- 15 Tiling window manager functionality for normal Linux desktop environments
- View more network posts →