Retired human spaceflight engineer
Unrepentant shuttle hugger
"Tell me, sir, what are your interests?"
"Madam, I am an engineer."
"Really? I took you for a gentleman."
-conversation quoted by Herbert Hoover
"I wish you would stop mentioning all of the potential failures of your spacecraft for which you really don't know what to do because the people who script the simulations are sitting in the back of the room taking notes."
- Chuck Shaw
"For a successful technology the laws of physics must take precedence over public relations, for Mother Nature cannot be fooled."
- Richard Feynman
“Wish I had time for just one more bowl of chili.”
- last words of Kit Carson
Member for 5 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 20 '17 at 23:02
- Space Exploration 114k 114k 77 gold badges374374 silver badges499499 bronze badges
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 34.4k 34.4k 44 gold badges124124 silver badges168168 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 16.2k 16.2k 99 gold badges4545 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Aviation 470 470 22 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Super User 460 460 33 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 119 Right click not working on Ubuntu 18.04
- 88 Why does NASA publish all the results/data it gets?
- 88 How hard would it be to fly a Space Shuttle again?
- 75 Have spacecraft photographed each other beyond Earth orbit?
- 74 Did a flight controller ever answer Flight with a no-go?
- 73 Why do astronauts wear heels?
- 70 Is this "Attach Orbiter Here / Note: Black Side Down" sign on the Shuttle Carrier Aircraft real?
- View more network posts →