Elected moderator on Unix & Linux.
I've been using Linux since the late '90s and have gone through a variety of distributions. At one time or another, I've been a user of Mandrake, SuSe, openSuSe, Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Mint, Linux Mint Debian Edition (basically Debian testing but more green) and, for the past few years, Arch.
My Linux expertise, such as it is, is mostly on manipulating text and regular expressions since that represents a large chunk of my daily work.
Member for 6 years, 1 month
3 profile views
Last seen Nov 20 '18 at 10:54
- Unix & Linux♦ 185.5k 185.5k 4949 gold badges355355 silver badges546546 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 84.7k 84.7k 1515 gold badges174174 silver badges264264 bronze badges
- Super User 47.5k 47.5k 1212 gold badges106106 silver badges157157 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 20.2k 20.2k 1414 gold badges7474 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 18.8k 18.8k 55 gold badges3939 silver badges6969 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1142 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 842 How can I replace a string in a file(s)?
- 641 Firing Community Managers: Stack Exchange is not interested in cooperating with the community, is it?
- 445 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 326 What are the shell's control and redirection operators?
- 241 Firing mods and forced relicensing: is Stack Exchange still interested in cooperating with the community?
- 232 We need "assume good intent" back in the Code of Conduct
- View more network posts →